5 Must-Know Tips for the Gift-Giving Woodworker
Updated: Sep 11, 2019
1. Consider your audience. Will a hand-made gift be appreciated?
2. Know your skill level. While a new challenge may grow your skill set, a holiday gift may not be the best time to test Murphy’s Law.
3. Make a plan. As with any project, make sure you have a plan for materials and the work involved. Woodworking is not a cheap activity, so this will help you budget and help you identify how many projects you can take on.
4. Give yourself plenty of time. Even with the best plans, life tends to get in the way of quality time in the shop. And time stops for no woodworker!
5. And finally, a word about quality. Only give something that you would enjoy receiving yourself.
Project image courtesy of John Norstrom